Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Interview

The Interview

I'd been pounding the pavement all day. My feet hurt and I was hot and tired and sick of filling our endless forms and now this little man across the desk was asking me what my other qualifications were. So I told him I could float. And by the time he'd figured out what it was I said I was about three inches off the chair and rising. I leveled off at about five feet and drifted out the open window. I sailed out over the empty parking lot and over the trees and landed in that little park down by the river.
I had just blown another interview.

1 comment:

Maggie Thornton said...

Artists should have to fill out a "form."

BTW, I've had the urge to do this at times, just couldn't figure out how to go about it.

Smiles,
Maggie
Maggie's Notebook